Andrew Douglas Solicitors will assist you in negotiating the terms of your lease to your advantage. We further advise on such issues as your rights and obligations under the lease, the costs associated with the lease and whether you wish to pay for registration of the lease and the mortgagee’s consent for further insurance. In drafting your lease we can protect your rights in a range of aspects including:
- Clarification of rent and outgoings
- Stamp duty assessments
- Assignment of leases and sub-leases
- Exercise of options to renew
- Rent reviews
- Personal guarantees and other securities
- Insurance requirements
- Options to purchase
Our fixed fee prices:
* There is also an additional professional fee if we are required to arrange and execute bank guarantee documents or to obtain financial information from a new tenant or to sort out any fitout issues at $380/hr+ GST for each of these optional requirements presuming we’re not involved in negotiations with the other party and both parties are co-operative and contactable at crucial times. (That is, not travelling).
** At least $197.00 registration fees + $37.00 if survey plan required (x 2 if extra title deeds are covered by lease) + surveyor’s fees if no survey plan available ($N/K) + our professional fees of $150+GST if you arrange the survey plan
*** Usually $150+GST professional fee + $50-$400 depending on the financier.
Contact us to arrange an appointment.
Further Business Leasing Information
Please see our link to the Queensland Law Society Business Leases brochure of how we can assist which is available to all members.